Monday, September 28, 2009

We Like to Party [Gallery]: teens, sex & rock'n'roll at Macy's Passport.

On Friday night, busloads (and I do mean busloads) of teens were brought in to Santa Monica's Barker Hanger for Macy's Passport, an annual fashion show that raises money and awareness for HIV/AIDS charities. The Passport show many of us know is the adult version--welcome speeches by Sharon Stone and Elizabeth Taylor and black-tie-clad fashionistas and philanthros swarming around in a pre-Fashion Week buzz. But the second night of Passport--Macy's deems Teen Night.

And it's official--if I could do everything with teenagers instead of adults, I would. From the rivalrous high school chants across the show floor to their unbridled enthusiasm for the washboard abs of the male underwear models to their kick-ass style--these kids are just plain cooler than half the grown ups I know.

Some stylin' teens from the pre-show reception...


And the award for the most stylish couple goes to...


These guys were popping and locking. Or voguing and wacking. We couldn't be sure...


My friend and I got temp tattoos. Because, though we may have been the oldest folks there, we've still got edge...


Hugo Boss showcased the worst design of the evening. A Peter Pan-esque number that I hope I never see off the catwalk...


And the most popular style of the night was, naturally, the one that involved the least actual clothing...


No comments: