Here's what's happening this weekend, from shopping to screening to doing very, very good by some kiddies in need...
THURSDAY, September 10th
* New York's Fashion's Night Out may have Anna Wintour, Mayor Bloomberg and the cast of Hairspray, but Angelenos want to shop as well. Our very own LA FASHION'S NIGHT OUT is tomorrow. With fashion staples like Neiman Marcus, Fred Segal, 3.1 Philip Lim, American Rag Cie, and TOMS Shoes and Trovata amongst those participating, LA measures up quite nicely. Peep the entire schedule of events c/o LA Times' Image Section. Go forth and stimulate the retail economy in style.
FRIDAY, September 11th
* Remember that fairytale flick from the 80s? The one with a warthog, a giant, Mandy Pantinkin and the awesomely happy ending? Well, THE PRINCESS BRIDE is screening for FREE this Friday--the first of a Brand X sponsored Friday night screening series at the Santa Monica Pier. Tickets are comped, but you've got to pick 'em up. Click here for info on when and where.
* Also this Friday, live Jazz at LACMA. Bring a blanket, a bottle of wine and a hot date and get cozy on the lawn. It's [almost] like going to the Bowl but without the stacked parking.
* And photographer Marco Bollinger celebrates the opening of his show at Frank.Studio at Bergamot Station from 7 - 11 p.
SATURDAY, September 12th
* Do something worthwhile this weekend. 826LA, the rad non-profit that helps foster creative and writing skills in the wee ones, is accepting new volunteers. This Saturday is a NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION AT 826LA EAST. Sign up for the session and join me there.