Friday, September 18, 2009

Sounds: Regina Spektor, how I adore thee

Regina Spektor is one of my favorite artists. I have Pandora to thank for introducing me to her music going on 2 years ago. So, thank you Pandora. I owe you my first born. *

The Soviet-born singer has a song for every season, is phenomenally talented, and has done all she's done (including scoring a place in the recent '(500) Days of Summer' soundtrack) in less than 30 years which impresses me to no end.

Regina Spektor happens to be playing LA's Greek Theatre next month. This is a fact I have known for a while and done very little about until now. Here is how very much I'd like to go to the show...
  • I would give up Diet Coke for a week to go.
  • I would beg, lie and steal to go.
  • I would buy a ticket with exorbitant 'Convenience' (convenient, my ass) Charges.
Because giving up Diet Coke would be like a terrible nightmare and I'm trying to stop lying, I'm going to opt for the latter, suck it up and buy some tickets. Perhaps you'll join me...

Regina Spektor
Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
Wed, Oct 28, 2009
7:30 PM

Buy tickets to Regina Spektor at the Greek.

Give Regina a listen.

I leave you with one of my favorite Regina Spektor tunes...



* If Owner's first born is not available, she may provide a gift of equal or greater value. Something like a Macy's gift certificate.

1 comment:

renravenous1 said...

i'd like to come with you! how about we make a night out of it? xoxo ren