Last night a colleague was kind enough to bring me along to the LA premiere of 'An Education.' With a title like that, I naturally expected to learn a little something myself. Here are the findings I can share with you...
- Peter Sarsgaard, though handsome in face, has an oddly hairy chest and slightly ruddy arms. He is still a fine specimen of man however. Though I don't envy his wife, Maggie Gyllenhaal, I wouldn't consider myself unfortunate to be her either.
- Dominic Cooper, who showed no signs of either misplaced hairiness or ruddiness, is just simply a pleasure to look at. Both on screen and in person. While I never saw 'Mamma Mia,' I can imagine it might be an accurate statement to say he's come a long way since then.
- Carey Mulligan was brilliant. Though I have to hate her just a little for being 25 and so fabulous and talented, I am also compelled to adore her for her tremendous performance as the very deserving star of. this film.
- The 60s were pretty amazingly stylish--even if you were not a hippie or a beatnik--which is a large surprise to me.
- Josh Radnor ('How I Met Your Mother') is either a huge fan of period pieces. Or a sucker for a photo opp. We spotted him both in line behind us at the Egyptian Theatre's concession stand and again at the after party's bar. I hope he enjoyed his $10 soft drink as much as I did.
In theatres on October 9th