A bunch of LA's coolest bloggers are getting together on Saturday afternoon for a 20 minute beach cleanup, followed by an indefinitely long and fun cocktail meets mingling session.
There are multiple reasons why it would be a good idea for you to go. Here are just a couple...
1. It's good for the environment. That was obvious, now wasn't it?
2. You can meet some pretty rad bloggers including my buddies Sarah of Pink Cloud and Lauren and Tracy of Your Daily Thread, as well as Caroline of Caroline on Crack, Zach Behrens of LAist, and more.
3. The first 70 volunteers to show up get giveaways. Who doens't like free stuff? (That's not retorical. I'd really like to know.)
4. Some cool partners are offering prizes for drawings. And everyone likes to get lucky. Or feel that there's the potential to get lucky. And some people, of course, like to fix drawings, but I hear those people aren't invited.
5. It's only 20 minutes of cleaning. And I know you've got 20 minutes to spare. Cause, let's face it, you're just not that important.
When: October 24, 2009. Meet at 4 pm; cleanup begins 4:20 pm; more fun ensues 4:40 until ?
Where: Santa Monica Beach at Ocean Park, between lifeguard stations 26 and 27. (map and green travel directions)
For more information, visit green LA girl.