Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009 in. With resolve.

The picture above is one of the last images my poor eyes saw in 2008. Forget all the worst dressed lists in the usual rags--I am here to tell you I saw the worst up front and personal. And my corneas are still healing. In line to return some items at Target, I witnessed the biggest fashion faux pas of 2008, if not perhaps the decade. Sparkly denim pockets, a bedazzled zip-up sweatshirt, and a striped back-pack (yes, that's right, back-pack) emblazoned with an image of the Jonas Brothers. The culprit--a middle-aged woman. I pray for her.

And with that, on to 2009, a year I hope to be filled with wonderful things, people and experiences. In honor of the long-standing tradition of resolutions, I present you with mine:

Jessie B. R.'s Top Resolutions for 2009

1. To bring prosperity to my life (according to my bank statements, it can only go up from here).

2. To welcome happiness into my days (this is easy--stock freezer with more Haagen Dazs).

3. To be tolerant of people from whom I am different (this would really go smoothly if other people would stop being such biatches).

4. To eat a balanced and healthy diet (I'm not yet sure how to resolve this with #2).

I look forward to sharing my progress with you over the next 12 months. Here's to health, wealth and a kick-ass 2009 my friends.

xo * Jessie. B. R.

Photo Credit: Jessie B. R. (she wishes she could forget this image, but she took it for you, dear readers)

No comments: