Wednesday, November 25, 2009

[I would] give thanks for: room and board at Art Basel Miami Beach.

I understand that wishlists are reserved for the December holidays. That Thanksgiving's a time for gratitude, not requests. I get that. And that being said...


Thing I [WOULD] give thanks for No. 4: Round-trip airfare to Miami, hotel accommodations (nothing fancy--maybe the Gansevoort South or the Ritz Carlton South Beach), and a pass to Art Basel Miami Beach.

While it does make me sad that Shepard Fairey seems to be the only LA artist represented in the Art Salon panels (and they spelled his name wrong - 'Fairy' - and he is probably only on because of his recent legal woes), I could surely get over this. And quickly.

Esteemed musical artists, LMFAO, describe the Miami scene best in their recent hit single...

Drink all day
Play all night
Let's get it poppin
I'm in Miami Trick
Drink all day
Play all night
Let's get it poppin I'm in Miami Trick
I'm sure they had Art Basel in mind.

Art Basel Miami Beach takes place December 3 - 6, 2009. I am available to attend.

[Image Credit: Rosemary Laing, a dozen useless actions for grieving blondes #5, 2009]

No comments: