Monday, June 08, 2009

Pauline Parry: Hostess with the Mostess

There are few things in life that I enjoy more than eating. Well, sure, there are a couple of things I'd prefer to chowing down--I mean, I'm not a hedonistic pig, for goodness sake. But, for the sake of this piece, let's begin with the fact that I do love to eat. And I love, love, love a good party. Which is why yesterday's event [at the gorgeous new event space, High Profile Productions], celebrating the very first book penned by Pauline Parry (the hostess with the mostess and owner of Good Gracious! Events), was such a treat.

The book, 'FOOD FUN LOVE: PARTY STYLES,' contains tips on entertaining and recipes for those daring enough to do the cooking on their own. I, myself, am not such a master in the kitchen, but for those of you with a bit more culinary coordination, I implore you to buy the book, throw a party, and invite me over. If your version of Pauline's mac and cheese hors d'ouevres is anything close to yesterday's sampling, I will gladly attend and will likely stay til you kick me out.

Thanks to Sarah of Pink Cloud Events for inviting me to tag along!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the Love and Marriage Section, curiously Jes Gordon properFUN was omitted for its credit in design and production of this magnificent wedding. Her designs and ideas are all over these pages and she was important to helping plan the beautiful event. Her omission is really a shame because she did an outstanding job, that I think these pictures show off. Her website is:www.jesgordon.com

Jessie B. R. said...

Thanks for your note to let us know. We here at A Strange and Unsober Journey are OB-sessed with great wedding design so be sure to stay in touch!

Anonymous said...

Jes Gordon is the best of the best on the East coast or West, check her out.