Thursday, August 12, 2010

You're invited: A very special birthday celebration.


Dear friends, readers & strangers who've taken a liking to me,

You only turn 25 4 times. So, please consider taking time out of your usual Sunday night routines (trips to Target, lounging on the couch in your underwear, and drinking beer at unruly sports bars) to celebrate my birthday with me. Details below...

Sunday, August 15th
7 p - 12 a

R Bar
3331 West 8th Street (b/w Ardmore & Irolo)
Los Angeles, CA 90005

Reasons why you'll want to be in attendance:

* The bar's amazing kitchen will be open for service. So come hungry. Hungry & thirsty.
* There is a jukebox. It's not bad.
* If you don't like the crowd, I'm sure you can find a tacqueria in the neighborhood that's more your speed.
* I promise not to be in my birthday suit. I'm fully aware that after the first 25th, no one wants to see that.
* The party starts early. Get in. Get out. Get to bed by midnight.
* Though Robert Pattinson will not be coming (so his publicist says), I may or may not supply a life-size cut-out of him in the corner for photo opps.

Feel free to invite your friends who enjoy birthdays, celebrations, and me. The more, the merrier they tell me.

RSVP: to jessie.b.rubin@gmail.com by Friday, August 14th so I can let the bar know how many of your beautiful faces to expect.

Hope to see you there!

xo * Jessie

No comments: