Saturday, June 05, 2010

I won art. For a good cause. [Photo Gallery]

And when I say 'won,' I mean that I bought it of course. I simply bought it for a higher amount than someone else did. Which maybe I shouldn't have done. But it was for Stoked, the amazing non-profit which mentors kids through action sports. And they deserve my uninhibited, impulse buying. So this art's for you kids. Below, some pics from the Stoked private preview which happened last night to kick off today's Culver City ArtWalk. More pics from that awesomeness later...

Cool art by a cool artist...
Suitcase by Aaron Rose (director of Beautiful Losers)

These kids were big spenders. I'm pretty sure they bid on some big ticket items.

Gary Baseman and his pal. Gary, incidentally, is having a sick event during the LACMA Art Walk next Saturday. You should go. More on that later too...

I usually cry when I want to. Like when it's my party.

More cool art by another gent who'll be at LACMA next week.

This is me after bidding. I had this picture taken in case I didn't win. I won. You can visit this piece above my bed any time. That sounded suggestive. It wasn't meant to come out that way.

Gary bid on art too. Fingers crossed...

Didn't make it to the event but want to find out more about helping Stoked? Visit their site and donate your time or your money...or both!

No comments: