Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The beautiful Balloons of Bhutan.


Jonathan Harris is a photographer and a micro-storyteller and a traveler and a personal hero of mine.

When I describe art I always say: I don't know about art. I just know what I like.

I know that the richness and colors in Jonathan's work is as moving and incredible as it gets for me.

Harris' latest released project, Balloons of Bhutan, visited the region of Bhutan where happiness reigns supreme. He used balloons to measure the happiness and wishes of 117 residents.

Writes Harris on his site documenting the project, "Instead of "Gross National Product", Bhutan uses "Gross National Happiness" to measure its socio-economic prosperity, essentially organizing its national agenda around the basic tenets of Buddhism."

A beautiful project about a beautiful region of the world and its beautiful people.

http://balloonsofbhutan.org/

No comments: