Monday, April 11, 2011

Introducing America: Now and Here, Mark Bradford & a trip through the Midwest.

On Friday, I'll be leaving LA. Til the end of October. Yeah, you heard me right. That's 6 months on the road. The only thing that could tear this fairly new Angeleno (6 years is still new, right?) away from town for that long would be the sickest of projects. And this one's a doozy. America: Now and Here is a touring art show. And its participating artists are beyond, beyond, beyond.

As I travel through the Midwest this Spring/Summer/Fall, I'll keep you posted on my travels. And I'll also introduce you to the work of the amazing artists who've got pieces on our traveling caravan of American art. Some names you'll recognize (think: Chuck Close, Yoko Ono, Jasper Johns, Edward Albee, Jeff Koons, Damien Rice, Catherine Opie, Marsha Norman, and on and on) Some you won't. They are all incredible.

First up, meet Mark Bradford.


Soon, you'll be meeting Kansas City. Which may or may not excite you. I think it excites me.

No comments: