Thursday, August 25, 2005

ABOUT JESSIE B. R.

PERSONAL.

I moved to Los Angeles in the summer of 2005. I moved for a job and I've remained for the palm trees and the people. As a native New Yorker, it should have been in my blood to hate it here, but I find this city (and I still have trouble calling LA a city) accessible, yet rich in culture, experiences and opportunity. I continue to explore Los Angeles in a way one never explores the place where she's actually from. And I love to share my discoveries with you here. Welcome to A strange and unsober journey.


PROFESSIONAL.

I've been working in events and marketing for more years than I care to mention, with a focus on media and the arts.

Currently, I freelance for incredible clients including Niche Media, Red Bull North America, WMMA, Kid Concierge, Bryan Rabin, Conde Nast, Chateau Marmont, Element Weddings, Pink Cloud Events, and many more wonderful people and venues on both coasts.

Some past employers include W Magazine, Gen Art Los Angeles, Metromix LA, the Los Angeles Times Media Group, and Culture Jam.

I graduated--seemingly many, many moons ago--from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut with a B.A. in English.

I am still figuring out what I want to do 'when I grow up' and I welcome your suggestions.

You can find a more detailed resume and add me to your network on Linked In.


CONTACT ME.

I welcome your questions, tips, and general items of conversation. Email me (but puh-lease don't spam me).

You can also follow my adventures in other places...

Jessie B. R. on Facebook
Jessie B. R. on Twitter